Students Speak – 16 Year Old Lydia
A chat with 16 year old paramedical student Lydia, discussing her journey through APC and her plan for the future!
To summarise Lydia’s thoughts on study and her future pathway;
- “At the moment I’m currently studying grade 10 at school still”
- “I wanted to do something to further on my career and get into something I’m interested in”
- “I thought I wouldn’t remember anything and I was really stressed about that, but as soon as I got here and we went through everything, everything just came back”
- “Just go for it. It’s a really good experience. It seems daunting to start with but it’s really good and very beneficial”
Meet Australian Paramedical College student Lydia who is still at school, 16 years old and completing the Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport.
Lydia decided to join the college because she wanted to do something worthwhile which would give her good career choices in the future.
“So, at the moment I’m currently studying grade 10 at school still and I thought I wanted to do something to further on my career and get into something I’m in interested in. So I thought studying the Cert III to start with would be a great idea to find out whether I’m interested in it.”, said Lydia.
“I think just go for it. It’s a really good experience. It seems daunting to start with but it’s really good and very beneficial.”
We love Lydia’s outlook on life and despite here young age, she has an amazing focus on getting a head start in a career she is really interested. Being interested and curious to learn more is a simple, effective way to creating fulfilling career. It’s never to early to start!
To see more Paramedical Student Reviews, Interviews & Surveys visit our Student Speak Portal !
About the Australian Paramedical College
The Australian Paramedical College is the largest pre-hospital health care training provider in Australia.
We offer three courses in the health scope:
- HLT31120 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport
- HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care
- HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care
Our nationally recognised paramedical training programs provide a flexible and affordable pathway to employment in the private sector, or as a stepping stone to university. We offer everyone the opportunity to become a Paramedic/Medic, regardless of their educational background. We believe you should still pursue your goals even if your school or college grades are not where they should be.
We live in an era where anything is possible when you put your mind to it. With advances in technology and learning methodologies, there is no reason why you can not follow your dreams and become a person who can save lives and contribute to the well-being of the community. Apply to study at the College.