Supervisor Emergency Services
Fortescue Metals Group is the world’s fourth-largest producer of iron ore, having started as a vision just over a decade ago.
In 2014, Fortescue completed a $US9.2 billion expansion increasing its capacity to 155 million tonnes per annum. The company has built four mines across its two operating hubs – Chichester and Solomon. It operates the fastest and heaviest haul rail network in the world and state-of-the-art port facilities that shipped 124.2 million tonnes in FY14.
Fortescue is now focused on maximizing throughput, bringing down costs, paying back debt and increasing shareholder value. Everyone who works for Fortescue lives the company’s values of safety, family, empowerment, enthusiasm, determination, generating ideas, integrity and frugality.
Emergency Services Supervisor – Cloudbreak
Reporting to the HSES Superintendent, this role is responsible for the prevention, preparedness, response and recovery arrangements for emergency services on site. You will ensure that site based and corporate policies, procedures and plans in relation to emergency management, security management and medical management are always met.
Key accountability will include:
- Staff supervision, development and management for direct reports (Emergency Services Officers & Emergency Response Volunteers
- Equipment preparedness – operational, compliant and audited
- Develop/deliver and participate in emergency drills and provide effective feedback to all involved
- Assume senior role of Incident controller or On Scene commander at all incidents
- Propose improvement ideas and plans for the department and the business
- Ensure that accurate statistical information and documentation is maintained
- Adhere to Fortescue Hazard and incident reporting requirements
- Provide a visible safety leadership style of leading by example and positive safety behaviours
- Act in the role of senior HSES position on site as required
Qualifications and skills required:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar emergency response supervisory role within mining and resources essential
- Relevant experience in incident control/incident management essential
- Knowledge of Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations and State Emergency management Policies
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Certificate II in Security Operations
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV Healthcare (Ambulance) or Emergency Medical Response or equivalent
- Certificate IV Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Certificate IV Leadership and Management or equivalent
- Level 1 AIIMS certification or equivalent
- Experience in the oversight and control of Crisis Management systems
- Land search and rescue qualifications and experience
- Develop and conduct prescribed burn plans
- Respond to and suppress wildfire qualifications and experience
- Approved Drug Screening Officer or equivalent
- WA HR driver’s license
The key to Fortescue’s success is their strong vision, unique culture, and people. If you’re someone who is passionate, honest, enthusiastic, and willing to step up to the challenge of being part of an innovative and achievement driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.Apply now for Supervisor Emergency Response Services Officers Mines Safety