Trainer and Assessor Career Opportunity
The Australian Paramedical College (RTO32513) is a dynamic, innovative leader in prehospital health care training. Employing evidence-based training, we deliver quality graduates through theoretical and practical activities that are delivered online and face-to-face.
As the college continues to lead the industry, our growth has created opportunity for a qualified and experienced Advanced Trainer and Assessor who can deliver current paramedic skills and knowledge to join the team.
What the role entails:
- To educate and develop paramedic students in both a practical face-to-face intensive workshops including training & assessing and online environments. (eg Moodle)
- The opportunity to apply innovative technology, to train, mentor and assess students with a focus on clinical pre-hospital skills
- Direct daily contact with students in a fast-paced environment to achieve quality academic outcomes.
- TAE (latest or be currently undertaking the upgrade).
- TAE Diploma or higher-level Adult Education Qualification
- HLT51015 Diploma Paramedical Science and/or Bachelor of Paramedicine or
- Bachelor of Nursing (with pre/out of hospital care experience) or
- HLT41115 Cert IV Basic Health Care
- HLT31115 Non-Emergency Patient Transport
For example: 10734NAT –
- Certificate IV in Prehospital Emergency Medical Response
- HLT47715 – Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting
- Current workplace experience (12 months) within a pre-hospital setting and the capacity to maintain clinical pre-hospital care competencies.
- Experience in the VET sector (Vocational Education Training)
- Ability to travel (when and if) required
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage, liaise and negotiate with people at all levels within organisations (internal and external)
- An ability to be adaptive and adjust plans to meet priorities
What we offer:
This position is based at our college in Burleigh Heads.
We are now the largest provider of paramedic training in Australia and continue to grow and develop into diverse areas in prehospital care. We offer a great working environment and support from a dynamic team of people who are passionate about the industry.
Apply Now via SEEK or directly to our HR manager.
- Provide a one-page cover letter supporting the above requirements and identifying why you would love to work with APC
- Current up to date Resume/CV (inclusive of qualifications and work experience)